Peppermint Cookie Recipe - Prancer's Party
Prancer's Party Candy Cane Cocoa Cookies
This Holiday season we're leaning towards over-doing it on tradition! We thought we would share this fun recipe with you guys to bring a little cheer into your homes as well! These Prancer's Party Candy Cane Cocoa Cookies are a variation on the typical peppermint cookie that is sure to bring smiles to anyone in your family!
Peppermint Cookie Details
Prep-time: 35 min
Total time: 1 hour 30 min
Serving size: 45 Cookies
- 1 & 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 1 & 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar - packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 16 oz White Chocolate
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes+ extra candy canes for snacking
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheet.
- Whisk together, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, with paddle attachment, combine softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Slowly add in flour/cocoa mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Scoop out dough in tablespoon size balls and place 2 inches apart on a backing sheet.
- Flatten cookies slightly before placing in oven. Bake for 8 minutes. Cookies should be slightly under baked.
- Let cookies cook for 5 minutes, transfer to cooling rack for another 5 minutes of cooling time. Then to air tight container to fully cool.
Once cookies are cooled
- Melt white chocolate, stirring regularly to prevent burning.
- Dip half of each cookie in chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- While chocolate is still soft, sprinkle crushed candy canes on top!
- Chill cookies for 10 min, to firm up chocolate. Then store in air tight container.