5 Tips for Dog-Proofing Your Home for Fall
Here are a few pragmatic tips for any new puppers coming into the home this fall season. There are tons of new smells in the fall, but there should be minimal chemical smells in the home. Please keep the following tips in mind when you bring a new furry family member into the home!
1. Remove any potential choking hazards from your home, including small toys, balls, and other objects that your dog could swallow.
2. Keep poisonous plants and chemicals out of reach, and be sure to properly dispose of any food scraps or garbage that could attract pests.
3. Make sure your dog has a comfortable place to rest and plenty of fresh water available at all times.
4. Keep an eye on your dog when they are outdoors, and be sure to walk them on a leash in areas where they could potentially get lost.
5. Be mindful of holiday decorations and celebrations that could be stressful or dangerous for your dog, and take steps to keep them safe and comfortable.